photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

I dunno about anyone else but I was looking forward to this three day weekend for a long long time. For some reason the work weeks just really drag lately and it's like pulling teeth in order to make myself be productive. So needless to say, Labor Day weekend has been circled on the calendar for a while now. And I made sure to make it a good one.

Saturday morning we got up bright and early and I went bird hunting with Nate and my father-in-law.
Oh and Maycee. She's as much of a hunter as the rest of us. 
Better than me, actually. Way better. I use the term "hunter" loosely when I refer to myself - I'm less of an actual hunter and more of just like, a try-er. Me trying:
I'm not good and I rarely know what I'm doing but I try, dang it. In fact, I shot my first bird out of the air this weekend and I was so excited and so surprised that I actually hit it that Nate laughed at me when he saw my face and was like, "why do you look so surprised??" And I was like, "cause I didn't think I'd actually hit it!!"
RIP little birdies, you won the war but I won the battle. Or however you say that. Or maybe that's not applicable here I dunno. Anyway, it was a good morning and we all ended up doing pretty dang good.
Especially Maycee...
She's like, all you guys do is shoot the dang things out of the sky but I run and get them for you. Who's doing the real work here eh?? I mean she's right but...

Then I came home, took a shower, took a nap, and watched college football for the rest of my Saturday. If bird hunting, naps, and college football is wrong then I don't wanna be right.

Sunday (which always feels like a Saturday, version 2.0 on a three day weekend) we got up bright and early (again) to head up north for some fishing and kayaking. We knew it was going to be a zoo for the holiday weekend so we needed to leave early to get on the lake before everyone else...and also to get a good parking spot because really, who wants to park far and have to carry three kayaks down a hill with all the rest of your gear. Not me. We took my friend Sarah who got her first taste of fishing and 'yaking and although she was probs disapointed with the fishing (we caught NOTHING), we had fun 'yaking.
The cool thing about kayaks and being on the water is the ability to get away from everyone else. So while it was a madhouse near the dock and on the shore, it wasn't bad once we got further out. In fact, we paddled all the way until the lake ended and it was nice and quiet and peaceful.
It was nice and quiet and peaceful and pretty, but the truth is we just needed to find a spot without anyone around because it was time for a potty break. So we found the end of the lake, parked it, and used nature's restroom. Gotta do whatchya gotta do on a holiday weekend and there's people errrywhere. 

Monday was spent sleeping in (finally) and cleaning up around the house. And now it's way passed my bedtime and I'm probably gonna wake up tired to start the week out...but let's be honest, when do I not wake up tired for a new week?

Happy Monday Tuesday friends! 


 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

3 comments:

  1. Those kayaking photos are gorgeous! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So like, I know I'm a married woman and all now (Happy one week anniversary to us, by the way... is that a thing?) buuuuut..... can you adopt me? You dont have to adopt Leo too. Just me. Maybe just on these fun weekends of yours. We can pretend I'm like 8 so you can be my mom without judgement.

    kthanksloveyoubye.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine