photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Someone Tell Me How to Spell Catfishing

Hi friends. In my last post I alluded to the fact that some fun things happened in between the last time I blogged and the 4th of July. One of those fun things was Nate's birthday. We spent his birthday weekend out at Bartlett Lake for some catfishing ...is catfishing a word? One word? Two words? Spell check keeps giving me the red line, but I'm gonna go with one word for now cause this is my blog and I can make things up like that. Either way, the weekend was at Bartlett Lake and we fished for catfish. There.

Anyway, the moral of the story is it was freakin' hot. Bartlett is the same temps as the Valley, which means we were out there all day Saturday in well over 100 degree heat. It was rough. For a while there I didn't know what to do with myself but sit there and think about how hot it was.

It was too hot for a tent, so we just threw up the Easy-Up, attached a few Velcro "walls" to block the wind and sun, and set up our cots for the night...and also a happy birthday banner cause cause you know, Nate's birthday.

I wanted him to wear a button, but he refused to let me pin it on him, so this was the best I could get:
See the "birthday boy" button on his hat? He hated it. I loved it. So the usual basically.

The heat was no match for the dogs who basically spent the entire afternoon in the water. Maycee would just swim around until she could find a stick to bring back. Sometimes she didn't find a stick all that quickly, so she just swam and swam until she did.
Gunther, enforcing the no wake zone. Or something.

Since we didn't have a tent I was having a hard time figuring out how/where to change into my bathing suit. I finally found a break in the boat traffic driving by, crouched behind a chair, crossed my fingers that no one would see me in all my non-clothed glory and swapped by sweaty clothes for my suit. ...bathing suit, not birthday suit just to be clear. 

When the sun started to set it was time to set the lines and hook some catfish. What were we doing all day you ask? Catching bait fish - Blue Gill - the stuff the cat fish eat. And when I say "we" I just mean Nate. I was too busy thinking about how hot it was and frolicking in the water trying not to die via melting. Oof, death by melting...that'd be a rough way to go. 

In the meantime, I busted out the birthday cake cause remember, Nate's birthday?
I felt like a really good wife for once, cause I brought birthday stuff out camping with us and prepared ahead of time and finally had my shiz together for once. But hey, it's not about me on Nate's birthday, it's about Nate on Nate's birthday.

We ended up catching 2 catfish through the night, one at about 1am by my brother-in-law, and another one early morning.

Unfortunately, a catfish birthday present just wasn't in the cards for Nate or me. Or just Nate I mean, cause it's not about me on Nate's birthday. It's about Nate on Nate's birthday. And we had a fun day celebrating Nate (and a few catfish) on Nate's birthday.


 photo townsend-sig_zpsd6f7a124.jpg

7 comments:

  1. HOLY MOLY LOOK AT YOUR SUNBURN! Also jealous of this you living there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog enforcing the no wake zone line just about killed me. I'm lying in bed trying not to laugh because I don't want to wake Andrew lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely couple and HUUUUUUUUGE FISH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY ONLY QUESTION IS WHY IS NATE WEARING LONG SLEEVES IN 100 DEGREE WEATHER??? He's making me sweat.

    Glad you guys had a good time, and good job on being the best wifey ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So impressed you braved the heat, got the button on, brought a cake, and risked strangers seeing you change- WIFE OF THE YEAR!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine